Thursday, October 2, 2014

Simple Hoop Drop Earrings - DIY Jewelry Tutorial



DIY earrings


Simple DIY jewelry tutorial: hoop drop bead dangle earrings even a beginner can make! I had these extra bead caps I got from from The Beadmixer. I wasn't sure what to do with them until I found some large 12mm pearls and Czech glass beads I had in my bead stash. You can find all of the parts you need at The Beadmixer; I've included links to them.


Tools:
Needle nose pliers

Materials:
30mm head pins (about 1 1/4") in bronze
Antique bronze 35 mm hoops
Antique bronze bead caps
12mm beads

Step 1: Take your needle nose pliers and bend the last filigree loop out slightly so the bead will fit just at the end:

earring tutorial



 Step 2:  Add your 12mm bead to the head pin, add the cap, being careful not to scratch your bead.  Bend the pin almost 90ยบ ( I just use my fingers),  holding onto the filigree so the cap will not open and the bead wont slide further into the cap,  take you needle nose pliers and make a loop. Then slide onto the hoop. The 30mm pin should be the perfect length for a loop just big enough to fit onto the hoop.

For more detailed photos on how to make a loop see my previous post:  Jewelry Tutorial for Beginners, there is also a link to helpful videos for beginners.

pearl drop earrings



hoop drop earrings
hoop dangle earrings

Find these and other handmade earrings in my Etsy store.

For more jewelry tutorials follow my Pinerest board: DIY Jewelry Tutorials

Please let me know if you like this tutorial and other comments are welcomed here!


No comments:

Post a Comment